Friday, July 6, 2012

Vista Printing

Maybe I have been living in the dark ages and all of you have already been enlightened?  However, I just found out about Vista Printing yesterday as I was blog stalking reading other's blogs and read the blog post Emily has over at
My Photo

I literally spent HOURS looking at all the stuff that was listed as free. 
All these freebies are only good until July 10th!
(Here's a warning - be careful, shipping can get pretty pricey.)

Here's all the stuff I was able to get:

 
It says I saved $115.91.  I got everything free except it cost $4.99 to upload my own design for the FROG Folders and shipping was $29.20.  You tell me, did I do okay?  Since I've never used them before I'm not sure.  I hope I did...
This is how I plan on using each of these:

Birthday Banner - I'm going to display this each day that a student has a birthday.

I stole borrowed this idea from Emily.  I will use this magnetic board attached to my magnetic large white board to use for keeping score during the student/teacher game!

I will use this window cling on the window of my classroom door.

I'm only 6 years away from retirement.  I'm going to use these address labels to begin labeling the things that are mine.  It will help when I loan things out also!

Another idea I stole borrowed from Emily.  I'm going to put these refrigerator magnets in my students back-to-school goody bags.  They can use these to display their work on the refrig at home!

I think I'm most excited about these.  This is part of the newest back-to-school theme/classroom decor I am working on for my own classroom.  We have the plastic communication folders that have the clear plastic sleeve on the front.  These will be in the front of each student's folder.

Blank note cards because as teachers we go through tons of these each year!!!


Notepad because you can NEVER have enough notepads to jot quick messages home to parents!


I designed my own rack card to be a reading log for the students.  On the back, it tells "What Can I Read?" "Who Can I Read to?" and "Where Can I Read?"  I amazes me each year how many students don't know that there is more than one answer for each of these questions!


As I said, this is a first time for me.  I hope that shipping cost is worth it!  How many of you have used Vista before?  Are there any other places you use to print items for your classroom?  I have some Shutterfly promo cards.  I'm trying to figure out what I might can do there...

14 comments:

  1. I've used Vistaprint before & I love it!! I think you did great with all of your finds. :) I didn't receive that Independence Day deal, so thank you so much for sharing it with us. I have a Groupon that I wanted to try and use with it! I love your creations!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you'll be able to use the Groupon with the deal, Lisa. I bought a Groupon too and was going to use it on the awesome clearance deal I received from email. Didn't work. When I used my Groupon, I received 30% off, but nothing else, so I ended up placing 2 orders: one with the Groupon and one to get all the FREE offers from the clearance sale. Good luck with it!

      Delete
  2. Wow! :) I think you did pretty well. Great ideas!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great! Thanks for sharing my ideas. =)

    I really like the Reading Log rack card...that may need to go on my growing list.

    Happy Friday!
    Emily @ Second Grade Silliness 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ordered some things for my new classroom! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Thank you! Gracias, for sharing the sale link! I had created a bunch of things that I just hadn't ordered. Now I can order them and get nearly all of them for free!
    Laura

    Mrs. Castro's Class

    ReplyDelete
  6. such great items you purchased - I need to go browse Vista Print - it's been a while...lol

    ~ Kimberlee ~

    Two Fulbright Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! THanks for giving us a heads-up on the sale! Heading there now to do my own shopping! :)

    Marie
    The Hands-On Teacher in First!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found Vistaprint through Groupon! I can't wait until my order arrives!!

    Aimee
    Pencils, Books, and Dirty Looks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog and am giving you the Versatile Blog award! Check out my blog for details at noon today. :)

    Heather at TeachItToday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great items!!! Yes, I think you did well.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! Thanks for sharing this!! Headed over to check it out now! But first I'm giving you the "ONE LOVELY BLOG" award. Head over to http://thebendersbunch.blogspot.com/2012/07/and-nominees-are.html to pick it up!!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blog layout and articles; your article writing style is mind blowing. amazing thanks Full Color Folders

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did great at Vista Print! You can get really cute, quality invitations on there too, for non-teacher related events.

    I just ordered 'This book belongs to...' labels for my library.

    Yay for your awesome shopping!

    Kate
    Second Grade Sparkle

    ReplyDelete